Every time I travel back to a city I've been to before I make sure to stay at a different place to get a different experience. I was recently in Miami Beach to celebrate my 20something-ish
it's non of your damn business how close or not close to 30 I may or may not be birthday with my naughty wimmens. This time we booked a two story townhome through sunspot miami rentals at the Shelborne Resort. Now the Shelborne itself has been recently renovated and it's gorgeous. It's has a posh 18th and Collins address, which if you know anything about Sobe, is much better than the ruckus of Ocean ave. The hotel has a large pool, a piping hot hot tub, and direct beach access!
Our townhome had more that enough space for us four ladies, and we saved a ton of money buy not booking directly through the resort. People have been asking me quite a bit lately on how I travel so much and where I stay to save money, and this year I decided to share the wealth with everyone. They don't just have rooms and townhomes in the Shelborne, they have 23 properties to choose from. There is something for every group size or budget. Keep in mind that the Shelborne itself was recently renovated and some of their many rooms are still in the process of being renovated. The rooms I rented through the private owner were in great condition.
Now, on to the good stuff. The fuckery that was my birthday vacation. It was not my first time to South Beach, but it was my first girls trip. Nikki, Daisha, and my friend Kynnesha accompanied me. Neither Daisha or Kynnesha had been on a plane or seen the ocean before. I knew this was to be an interesting journey. Long story short..
- We had a slumber party over Daisha's house the night before leaving and locked Kynnesha out until 6am until it was time to get up and head to the airport. This was not done on purpose.
- Daisha (who you can follow on the twitter here) locked herself in the bathroom at the airport and called me to help her escape. That was a mistake. I did not make it in time to save her as I kept calling her to laugh at the struggle of locking oneself in the bathroom in the first place.
- Daisha barfed on the first flight. Annnnd the second flight. Annnnnnnnd after we got off the shuttle in front of our hotel. But then she was cool for the rest of the trip.
- We got drunk and played games in the lifeguard station our first night.
- We went to the Holocaust Memorial the next day.
- We got drunk and went to the beach on my actual birthday. 01/13
- Daisha built a "sand fort" ? I'm not really sure what to call it, but she constructed something made of sand entirely close to the shore and it was destroyed by a wave 15 minutes later.
- Back in the batcave, Kynnesha made me a yummy birthday dinner of friend pork chops and mashed potatoes and Nikki made me a cake complete with fancy sparklers and led candles. (Yep, I'm loved).
- We got drunk and went to Sobe Live that night to celebrate my birthday and Vanessa (who you can follow on the twitter here) got us in gratis on a list. Woot Woot!
- We continued to drink that night and again made our way to the lifeguard tower. Trying to prove a point that it doesn't really get cold in Miami, we stayed out there drinking under blankets in the lifeguard tower until damn near 5am. Shit got real. It was an awesome bday.
- The next day we had a picnic on the beach complete with hot dogs and Rose'
- We lead us to get attacked by seagulls
- Security guards love Daisha. Especially the one at Wet Willies. Which reminds me....
- We got drunk and went to Wet Willies and the Love/Hate lounge on Saturday.
- We got tipsy and went to Wet Willies and Jazid to experience the awesome that is Jahfe
|All I can say is Daisha.|
|Nikki at the airport|
|Kynnesha and Nikki and the airport|
|Daisha and Nikki sleeping on the flight. Daisha threw up not long after this.|
|The view coming into Miami.|
|Nikki at Groovy's Pizza|
|Daisha in the living room of our super cute townhome.|
|Me in our kitchen.|
|Collins canal on the way to the Holocaust Memorial.|
|Pool at the Shelborne|
|Fire pit and Tiki area behind the pool.|
|Me serving the sessi on a cloudy, low tide day.|
|Nikki taking Kynnesha from behind.|
|Vanessa at Sobe Live. I don't know why she's at the bar when she had a flask on her *side eye*|
|Drunk bathroom pics at Wet Willies. Don't judge me.|
|Art gallery on Lincoln Road.|
|This shit.... yuck.|
|You can kinda see my microdermal implants in this one. yeah that spot above my yellow bikini. It's a piercing.|
I'm about that life.
|The Lil Homie Jenkins the iguana|
|it has a balcony both up and downstairs|
|Ill fated sand ..uh..sand creation.|
|My weave was laid honey !|
|This was one of the most beautiful views I've ever had on a window seat. I listened to "Climb" by Mos def on repeat, followed by Oasis "Wonderwall"and then some of my favorite songs on Amy Winehouse's "Frank" album. It was an amazing experience.|